Monday, April 26, 2010

Croup and Hernia



Since my last post Wiley had his first sickness, Croup, and turned 5 months old!! The croup wasn't too bad, he just had a mild cough! I think the steroids they put him on was the worst part out of the whole sickness. It made him extremely irritable. We even had to take him for a car ride just to get him to settle down enough to take a nap, we never had to that before or since! We also put him on acid reflux medicine because he is something else to try and feed a bottle to, it's exhausting! He fights the bottle a lot and arches his back like he's trying to get away but at the same time you can tell he's hungry and wants to eat. I gave him the meds for about 2 weeks but I think they started to mess with his sleeping habits. He normally falls alseep at nap time and is out for atleast a couple hours but on the meds he tossed and turned and wouldn't sleep longer than an hour or so. He's still doing better about eating so I'm just going to see how things go before I get his pedi to prescribe another form of the meds that won't distrurb his sleep. Like I mentioned he also turned 5 months old on the 23rd!!! I can't believe my little baby is already 5 months old...time is already flying by being a momma! So here is what he's doing now:




  • Sleeping about 9 hours or so at night and in his crib

  • Takes 2 naps during the day

  • Rolls over belly to back and back to belly

  • Still wearing size 3 diaper and 6-9 month clothes

  • Could possibly be teething- sometimes I call him Hooch b/c of the drool

  • Eats 3 meals a day with a couple bottles in between

  • Loves to smile and "talk"

  • Uses hands like a pro- can put paci in/out by himself...thank goodness

  • Likes to be bounced

  • Found his toes and likes to play with them

  • And best of all he absolutely LOVES his momma...lucky me!







During my pregnancy I recieved a lovely Umbilical Hernia and I finally got it repaired! Summer's coming and I might actually get in a bathing suit so I had to make sure I didn't scare anyone with my pooked out belly button!! I guess carrying around a 9lb baby there is bound to be some consequences but all better now!


























No comments:

Post a Comment